We’re happy to announce that the relentless efforts of hyperloop developers Hardt Hyperloop, Hyperloop Transportation Technologies, Inc., Nevomo, Swisspod Technologies, TransPod Inc, Virgin Hyperloop, Zeleros Hyperloop and supporters in regulations and standardization space have resulted in several major milestones for the hyperloop development:
– Regulations: Inclusion of the EU Regulatory Framework for Hyperloop in the 2023 EC work program is a crucial step towards enabling commercial deployment of hyperloop. This has been the goal of the European Commission DG MOVE / Europe’s Rail Joint Undertaking WG as of its initiation in 2018;
– Standardization: three CEN/CENELEC JTC20 work items completed by the WG1/WG2 experts
1. FprCEN/CLC/TR 17912 – Hyperloop systems – Standards Inventory and Roadmap (under voting)
2. prEN17929 – Hyperloop Transport Services (Enquiry starting on December 1st)
3. prEN 17930 – Hyperloop Systems Aspects – Reference Architecture (Enquiry starting on December 1st)
Q4 2022 seems to be the quarter of #hyperloop standardization and regulations!